Saturday, March 14, 2009

Lao Plaza Hotel ( Laos )

This country interest me mainly because of their religion. I was currently into landscape photography before I did my main focus on portraits. I had a chance to see this photograph of a huge statute of a buddha lying on the ground with the arms extending to the ears. It was not really buddha but like one of those caricatures we see in buddha temples. I was amazed with that picture that I googled it and I discovered where it was. That was my main reason of visiting Laos. It is a country adjacent to Vietnam and Thailand.

I stayed at Lao Plaza Hotel. Again, because my travel agent friend recommended it. The hotel entrance had a spell binding effect on me. The entrance was huge with a covered drop off area. The hotel from the outside was not as intricately modern like most of the known hotels but it was elegant. The bell boy assisted me up to the registration table. The people there were amiable and sweet. They offered their welcome with warm smiles. The registration was quick than expected. I was surprised how skillful the personnel were considering they struggled articulating everything. The lobby looked chic and very contemporary. The furnishing were adorable and the interiors were well made. I love the concept regarding its interior design. Chairs were assembled in the cafe surrounding the small coffee shops. The hotel lobby had high ceiling and the walls were made up of glass.

My room was even more splendid. I got a suite because the price was really affordable. The room’s floor was made up of shiny wooden bricks. It was shimmering that it enticed me to barefoot the entire time. The bed had simple structure but the sheets smelled like dried cassis. The lamps were square and the bedside cabinets were classy mahogany wood. A small table was in the corner with fresh carnation. The room also had a cute sofa and a persian carpet beneath the centerpiece. The TV was flat screen but not LCD. The lavatory typifies an unflustered haven for relaxation. It was clean and the aroma was really good. I supposed they used fragrance oil to flavor the place because the smell was just very unique.

I opted to eat at Dok Champa Restaurant because among others, this is the one which offers Lao cuisine. It is really my strategy when I am jet setting to not just explore the country but the cuisine as well. Here, the food did not just satisfy my hunger but satisfied my whole persona. I love Lao cuisine. I’ve added it to my favorite asian cuisines. The restaurant made you understand what Lao culture is all about by capsulizing it thru their cuisine.

The spa was amazing. I never had a massage this good since I had it in Bali. The massage caressed me much to the point that it lulled me to slumber after.

This hotel is a must visit when you are in Laos. First, the price is okay and not very expensive compared to the world-renowed hotels we know. Second, though the price is affordable, quality is not a luxury here. The service and amenities you will experience is the same with the well known hotels. And lastly, I felt sincerity and content with the personnel’s display of genuine customer service. Plus, the food is mouth-watering.

No comments: